Powered By Blogger

Pukapuka Books

Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

'Fences Fall' CD - comments

'Fences Fall - Songs from the Lyrics of Michael O'Leary' which was released last month and has had two launches in Auckland and Paekakariki, with one planned for Dunedin early in 2012. Below are some initial responses to the album.

After four decades of friendship, I thought Michael O'Leary had exhausted his capacity to surprise me. But Fences Fall is wonderful in ways I didn't expect. It's not just that the poignancy of Michael's lyrics words stirkes me afresh when heard from a range of fine voices, the album really works in musical as well as literary terms. O"Leary backed with cello andd sousaphone. Who would have thought that would work? But it's magic! - Iain Sharp

masterful, brilliant! - Peter Olds

Stunning tracks energised by O'Leary's great lines. Take it neat or take it on the road - Michael Gifkins

If this is of interest you can look at my website http://michaeloleary.wordpress.com or my publishing company www.earlofseacliff.co.nz It is available from www.amphlifier.co.nz or direct from me for $30 (incl postage) at

Michael O'Leary
PO Box 42
Paekakariki 5034

No comments:

Post a Comment